About the Contest
What is Self-Pour
Win your own FREE
Self-Pour Beverage Wall!
Your Journey Starts HERE - Answer a few quick questions
Why are we doing this?
We are a business that bootstrapped its way from a guy with a dream of building something of his own in 2015, to doubling in size 4 years in a row and being recognized by Entrepreneur 360 in back to back years (2017 -2018) as one of the 360 fastest growing companies in the US.
We’ve helped open over 200 Self Pour Taprooms since 2015. Every project is unique, but we’ve improved our process each step of the way. We’ve gotten to work with Micro-Matic on a majority of those projects, so we BOTH wanted to PAY IT FORWARD by helping other dreamers and doers’ turn their dreams into a reality.
Whether you win the contest or not, we would love to help you experience the thrill of building something from scratch and bringing this experience to your community.
What’s Up for Grabs?
Opening up a self-pour tap room requires 4 major components. The winner of this contest will get 2 of those 4 from PourMyBeer and Micro Matic, but they are responsible for the other two. (points 3 & 4)
- 30 tap Self Pour system (10 screens + 30 taps)
- 30 Tap Dispense system from Micro Matic (Cooler, faucets, drains, gas system)
- Actual Space – You’ll need to secure a location 1500 – 3000 sq ft. This will require you to negotiate and sign a lease, build it out for a self pour tap room. This cost will vary depending on where you’re based and the cost per square foot as well as your lease terms
- The Buildout – If you’re a DIY’r, you can do this for under 80k, but if you hire a general contractor, this could cost between 200-300K. You’ll need to get permits, license to dispense beer, wine, and cocktails
The Rules of the Contest
1. This is an essay contest, so give us the best story of why you deserve to win this contest in 200 words or less. Are you a craft beer enthusiast that just wants to bring this concept to your community? Do you plan on a portion of your profits to go towards a charity that is near and dear to your heart? Whatever the reason or motivation, we want to know your “Why”.
2. Once the winner is announced, you will have 90 days to secure a lease for space and put the wheels in motion. If you fail to secure a property with the appropriate business licenses, we will have to go with our 2nd choice.
3. In addition to a full PourMyBeer system, our winner also receives our comprehensive project management package, which means we can assist you in all the steps involved in opening a self-pour tap room. Note that as the contest winner you are receiving a taxable gift which will be reported and needs to be declared on your 2019 tax returns.
4. Only businesses located in the United States are eligible to win.
Other Things to Consider
- Your startup costs outside of what we’re providing will be anywhere from $100,000 to $500,000 on the low end. We suggest raising the additional capital through friends and family, bank loans, grants or a combination of the three. You will need this to ensure that you can open up and have some reserves. We’re happy to connect you with other owners who have successfully done this to give you a better feel for the process
- You need to negotiate a lease for space
- Get the proper licenses to open (business + alcohol)
- You’ll need to install low voltage wiring (you can do this yourself or have a friend help)
- You’ll need to construct and decorate the interior, get furniture, glassware, as well as dishwashers, etc.