Self-Serve Beverages at Golf Courses
Why are golf courses adopting self-pour?
There are quite a few reasons! Primarily, golfers benefit from the fact that they no longer have to wait for someone to serve them beer when they want to order; they pour themselves at their leisure! On the side of the courses, using a PourMyBeer system significantly reduces staffing needs and costs, as a PourMyBeer tap wall or self-pour station will require far fewer staff members to maintain compared to a traditional bar.
The self-pour movement is perfect for any center for golf enthusiasts, as shown by their inclusion even in PGA tournaments and championships. Below, Mitchell Laskowitz, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer at The Seabrook Island Club, shares why they added self-pour to their golf club and how it’s reduced labor costs while adding an innovative experience for Members.
How does it work?
Read below to learn about the many types of golf courses that are benefiting from using PourMyBeer’s self-serve systems!
Standalone Driving Ranges
- Beverage sales increase immediately, making food and beverage a sizable line item on your balance sheet.
- Adding beer deals to the current range cards entices customers to take advantage. For example, a large bucket and 2 beers for $20 may attract customers who want to save money on the bundle.
- The PourMyBeer self-pour beverage wall can sit right next to a ball dispenser, making it easy for customers to sample everything by the ounce and pour a glass of whatever they prefer without waiting for staff members to make time to serve them.
Entertainment-based Driving Ranges
- Self-pour beverages represent an amazing opportunity to keep customers on-premises for longer.
- Beverage sales increase every day of the week without increasing costs for staffing.
- Self-pour stations can sit next to ball dispensers and move to other locations with relative ease.
- Range and beer cards can link or combine into one, as with traditional ranges.
Private Courses & Country Clubs
- Most private courses lack drink cart service, so this is a great opportunity to fill a gap in the market.
- Sales can tie directly into member accounts from a halfway house or patio unit.
- Self-pour stations are perfect for member events like weddings & parties.
- As with any type of golf course, beverage sales are likely to increase dramatically, with either no change or a decrease in staffing costs.
- Self-pour stations are ideal for midweek play when no beverage carts are on course & for weekend incremental sales.
- There are lots of ways to increase food and beverage sales – Nine and Wine, Green Fees/beer combos; any innovation in this area is likely to attract customers.
Tour Event Concessionaires
- Hospitality tents are generally lacking in staff or service is slow; self-pour represents a great way to fill this gap.
- The self-pour stations are ideal for tournament week, where traffic can be accommodated quickly and efficiently, and everyone can drink when they want to
- With the self-pour station setup, you can easily move the setup to multiple venues in a ‘roadshow’-esque format
With PourMyBeer’s self-serve technology, golf courses of all these types are reaping significant benefits. Golfers no longer have to face wait times for their drinks during their tee times. And the courses face far fewer staffing needs and costs now that they’ve switched to self-pour. To learn more about how self-pour benefits golf courses, download the case study below from The Seabrook Island Club!
Attract Golfers and Patrons to Your Country Club
What’s better than arriving at the course for your tee time? Nothing — except knowing there’s cold beer waiting to accompany you while you play the course. PourMyBeer’s self-pouring stations are the perfect solution for boosting sales at your country club. Once visitors register with your staff for their RFID-enabled card or wristband, they’ll be set to indulge as much as they want up to your specified limits in accordance with local laws.
Throughout their time on your site, visitors can stop by a self-pour station as often as they’d like to refill. Without a bartender required to refill every drink, lines move faster and allow players to get back to their match more quickly.
Since the RFID card works as their tab, customers won’t have to think about paying until they’re finished drinking. It will also inform them of their intake and how much they’ve poured of each drink in real-time. With all of that taken care of, your patrons can focus on enjoying the day with a refreshing beverage at their side.
Once they’ve finished golfing for the day, players can look forward to the beverage wall waiting for them at your country club. If they hit their drink limit while on the course, all they have to do is check in with your staff to gauge their intoxication level. If they’re deemed eligible, staff can renew their card limit and let them explore your country club’s newest drink technology some more.
Inspire Recurring Visits
People come to your property for all kinds of reasons, from the lively atmosphere to the exciting entertainment. But if you want them to stay and invest the most into your business, your food and drink service has to be top-notch, too. Self-pour stations offer a classy, unique way for you to showcase your best drinks and let people try them as they please, whether they know what they want or prefer to spend time sampling everything you have.
Whatever your location’s style and offerings, PourMyBeer’s customizable self-pour stations will fit in effortlessly. When word gets out about your new investment, you may see your golf course attendance and country club patronage rise. If you want to see real-world benefits, you can read the case study on the Seabrook Island Club to see how our products can help improve your business.
Download the Seabrook Island Club Case Study
Learn how self-pour technology helped Seabrook Island Club reduce staffing issues while increasing Member satisfaction by downloading the case study below!
Call us today at 312-416-9989 or contact us online to learn how you can give your guests a unique experience!