Beers to Try in Each Season
Seasonal Beers to Try This Year
Do you consider yourself a beer connoisseur, a taste-tester, a draft-lover, or a self-proclaimed admirer of ales? Do you savor the smooth sensation of a crisp lager, the aromatic zest of a hoppy pale ale, or the rich creaminess of a stout? Then you are in the right place! When it comes to fantastic flavor, nothing can satisfy you and your customers more than quality craft beer. The best brews are the ones specifically created to complement respective seasons throughout the year.
A new trend is taking hold of the adult beverage world: seasonal beers styled specifically to emulate winter, spring, summer, or fall.
What is a Seasonal Beer?
A beer can be considered seasonal because of the lightness or darkness of its structure, the incorporation of seasonal flavors, or the suitability of pairing it with particular foods. Are you looking for seasonal beers to try this year? We’ll recommend the best.
Seasonal Beers for 2023
If current trends continue, 2023 will bring with it another year of diverse craft brews. There seems to be a push for beers and brews that don’t cater to the “typical” beer taste. Sours, in particular, have gained a cult-like following in recent years, with breweries citing their growing influence. Other scene-dominators include beers mixed with enhancements, such as rosé wine or CBD, a non-psychotropic chemical in marijuana. However, classic hazy brews and fresh hop favorites will still remain on menus as staple drinks.
Continue reading to see our top seasonal beer picks for 2023.
Top Seasonal Beers to Try Spring 2023
When the weather starts warming back up, welcome in spring blooms with a crisp, hoppy brew like a fruity beer. During spring, we shift from darker and heavier beers, such as stouts, to lighter and brighter blends, like Blondes and Fruit beers. We have compiled 18 seasonal beers to complement the incoming warm weather and blooming flora. We have quite a few different beer styles, including non-alcoholic beers, so there is most definitely a drink for you. Happy sipping!
Here are 17 of the best seasonal beers this Spring:
- Sloshie (Tropical Fruit) – Oozlefinch Beers & Blending
- Quincher (Fruit Punch) – Turning Point Beer
- Ruby Red Kölsch – Genesee Brewing Company
- Mango Cart – Golden Road Brewing
- Spring Blonde – New Belgium Brewing
- Sixteen Counties – Allagash Brewing Company
- Blonde Fatale – Peace Tree Brewing Co.
- Lunch – Maine Beer Company
- Jai Alai – Cigar City Brewing
- Fresh Squeezed – Deschutes Brewery
- Pineapple Sculpin – Ballast Point
- Luau Krunkles – Terrapin Beer Co.
- Grapefruit Sculpin – Ballast Point
- Non-Alcoholic Mellow Mule – Crisp and Crude
- Run Wild IPA – Athletic Brewing Co.
- Non-Alcoholic American IPA – Two Roads Brewing Company
- Mango Cart Non-Alcoholic – Golden Road Brewing
2023 Summer Beers
As the heat kicks into full gear, cool off with a well-balanced sour or even a canned cocktail. When we’re on our way to the poolside lounge, we make sure one of these beers is in our beach bag:
- Flesh and Blood – Dogfish Head Brewery
- Citradelic – New Belgium Brewing Company
- Tree Shaker – Odell Brewing Co.
The Best of Fall Seasonal Beers
The autumnal season is truly the perfect time to branch out and explore new beer flavors. Between the influx of Oktoberfest brews and the changing leaves signaling the prime time for a nice cider, you’ll want to try these fall beers.
Our Favorite Fall Ales:
Top Hard Ciders to Sip on This Season
- Killer Hard Tea – Flying Dog Brewery
- A Salted Cucumber – Stem Ciders
- Bushelhead – Urban Chestnut Brewing Co.
- Foeder Blend – Waves Cider Co.
- Black Widow – Original Sin
- Classic Proper Cider – Schlafly
- Sweet Lou’s – Brick River Cider Co.
Winter Beers for 2023
As the days get shorter and darker, let your beer tastes follow suit. Dark and heavy-bodied beers will help you stay warm by the fireplace and complement those sweet, nutty treats that make the season special.
Here are some winter beers that pair perfectly well with any holiday dinner:
Here are 14 of the best seasonal beers this Winter:
- Reindeer’s Revenge – Iron Hill Brewery
- Cold Mountain Winter Ale – Highland Brewing Company
- Winter Ale – Summit Brewing Company
- Oakspire Four Roses Bourbon Barreled – New Belgium Brewing
- Jubelale – Deschutes Brewery
- Christmas Ale – Breckenridge Brewery
- Halftime – Interboro Spirits and Ales
- Rustic Ridge – Highland Brewing Company
- Goose IPA – Goose Island Beer Co.
- Anchor Christmas Ale – Anchor Brewing
- Double Red IPA – AleSmith Brewing
- Christmas Ale – Breckenridge Brewery
- Colonial Ale – Blue Point Brewing
- Hopeflake IPA – Samuel Adams
- Mad Elf – Tröegs
- Gingerbread Yeti – Great Divide Brewing Company
- Santa’s Private Reserve – Rogue Ales
- Black Chocolate Stout – Brooklyn Brewery
As Well as Some Barrel-Aged Brews to Test:
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout – Goose Island Brewery
- Brooklyn Black OPS – Brooklyn Brewery
- Guinness Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout – Guinness
- Parabajava – Firestone Walker Brewing Company
- Hunaphu’s – Cigar City Brewing
- Daybreak – Hill Farmstead Brewery
- Victory at Sea – Ballast Point Brewing and High West Distillery
- Catherine III Russian Imperial Stout – Wichita Brewing Company
Top Seasonal Beers to Try in Fall 2022
Fall is finally here! The changing foliage, the crisp cool air, the weekends spent watching football, carving pumpkins and apple picking! Autumn brews have flavor profiles that mimic seasonal tastes and smells of these wonderful fall months. Whether it be pumpkin beer or a chocolatey coffee malt, there is something for everyone. This year, several outstanding pumpkin ales are standing out to beer-lovers, which you’ll find listed below. You’ll also find a list of nitros and ciders if pumpkin beer isn’t your thing! Happy Drinking!
Here are 13 of the best seasonal beers & Ciders to try in Fall 2022:
- Punkin Ale – Dogfish Head Brewery
- Night Owl Pumpkin Ale – Elysian Brewing Company
- Roadsmary’s Baby – Two Roads Brewing Company
- Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin Spicy Release – New Belgium Brewing Company
- Pumpkin Patch Ale – Rogue Ales
- Pumpkin Ale – Whole Hog Brewery
- Pumpkin Down – Ballast Point Brewing Company
- Imperial Pumpkin Ale – Weyerbacher Brewing Company
- Red Apple Bombshell (Fall Spice) – War Horse Brewing Company
- Pumpkin Blend – Downeast Cider House
- Revel with Maple & Fall Spices – Wild Hare Hard Cider
Top Seasonal Beers to Try in Summer 2022
Summer beer styles are the lightest and fruitiest of all seasons. They’re the perfect accompaniment to those warm beach days and time spent outside soaking up the sun. We’ve compiled a list of the best beers to try this summer below. Cheers!
Here are 12 of the best seasonal beers to try in Summer 2022:
- Sorry Chicky – Burley Oak Brewing Company
- Festina Pêche – Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Summertrip – Braxton Brewing Company
- Sour Summer Haze – Talking Cursive Brewery
- Blood Orange Blonde Ale – Haymarket Beer Company
- Marylan DDH W/ Mosaic & Galaxy – RAR Brewing
- Bean Flicker – Odd Side Ales
- Hell or High Water Watermelon Wheat – 21st Amendment Brewery
- Summer Bliss – New Belgium Brewing Company
- Tangerine Wheat – Lost Coast Brewery
Want to stay up to date on other trending seasonal content? Sign up for our newsletter below!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Your monthly guide to the latest self-pour resources and events.
Top Seasonal Beers to Try in Spring 2022
Here are 15 of the best seasonal beers to try in Spring 2022:
- Samuel Smith’s Organic Apricot Fruit Beer – Melbourn Bros’ All Saints Brewery
- SPF – Goose Island Beer Co.
- Frootwood – Founders Brewing Co.
- Flamingo Fruit Fight – Bell’s Brewery
- 805 – Firestone Walker Brewing Company
- Firemans #4 – Real Ale Brewing Company
- Bean Flicker – Odd Sides Ale
- Lonely Blonde – Fulton Beer
- Pliny The Elder – Russian River Brewing Company
- Hymn of Nelson – Ghost Town Brewing
- Wicked Juicy – Cellarmaker Brewing Company
Non Alcoholic Beers
Top Seasonal Beers to Try in Winter 2022
- Breakfast Stout – Founders Brewing Co.
- Kentucky Coffee Barrel Stout – Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.
- Elbow Patches – The Virginia Beer Company
- Barrel Aged Imperial German Chocolate Cupcake Stout – Angry Chair Brewing
- Christmas Ale – Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- 12 Dogs of Christmas – Thirsty Dog Brewing Company
- 2XMAS – Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Cinnamon Coconut B-Bomb – Fremont Brewing
- Shake Chocolate Porter – Boulder Beer
- Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Peppermint Porter – Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.
- Mocha Marlin Porter – Ballast Point Brewing Company
- Accumulation Winter Hazy IPA – New Belgium Brewing Company
- Lowlander Winter I.P.A. – Lowlander Beer
- Winter IPA – Faction Brewing
Top Seasonal Beers to Try in Fall 2021
- (No) Pumpkin — Sloop Brewing Co.
- Double Pumpkin Spice Latte — Tired Hands Brewing Company
- Wendy Coffee Pumpkin Milkshake IPA — Central Waters Brewing
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Stout — Broken Compass Brewery
- Fall — Maine Beer Company
- Dark O’ The Moon Pumpkin Stout — Elysian Brewing Company
- Breakfast Stout — Founders Brewing Co.
- Dragon’s Milk — New Holland Brewing
- Nut Brown Ale — AleSmith Brewing Company
- Maduro Brown Ale — Cigar City Brewing
- Katrina Brown — Scarlet Lane Brewing Co.
- Palo Santo Marron — Dogfish Head Brewery
- Trick or Treat — Evil Genius Beer Company
- Imperial Pumpkin Pie Porter — Terrapin Beer Co.
- Double Pumpkin Porter — Four Peaks Brewing Company
Summer Seasonal Beers to Try in 2021
- Key Lime Pie Gose — Westbrook Brewing Co.
- Blood Orange Gose — Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- Tart ‘n Juicy — Epic Brewing Co.
- Rocket Pop Summer Sour — Barn Town Brewing
- Summer Street — Trillium Brewing Company
- Fresh Haze IPA — Deschutes Brewery
- Sip of Sunshine — Lawson’s Finest Liquids
- Tropic Haze — Silver City Brewery
- Akari Shogun — Half Acre Beer Company
- Sommer Fling — Smartmouth Brewing Co.
- Unfiltered Wheat Beer — Boulevard Brewing Co.
- Stone Fruit Summer Ale — Propeller Brewing Company
- Fleur de Houblon (Summer Ale) — Brewery Ommegang
- Summer Ale— Fremont Brewing
Spring Seasonal Beers to Try in 2021
- King JJJuliusss — Tree House Brewing Company
- Bye Felicia! — Evil Genius Beer Company
- Torpedo Extra IPA — Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Spring Wheat — Brightside Aleworks
- Wheatermelon — Odd Side Ales
- 320 Citra Wheat — Alesatian Brewing Co.
- Purple Haze — Abita Brewing Company
- Briney Melon Gose — Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- Petite Sour Passion Fruit — Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
- Kentucky Rickhouse Series No. 1 — Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.
Winter Seasonal Beers to Try in 2021
- Samuel Adams Cold Snap —Boston Beer Company
- Ramstein Winter Wheat — High Point Brewing Company
- Winter Cheers — Victory Brewing Company
- Celebration Fresh Hop IPA — Sierra Nevada
- GoneAway — Half Acre Beer Company
- Double Red IPA — AleSmith Brewing Company
- Stone Xocoveza —Stone Brewing
- Winter Grind — Mother’s Brewing Company
- Winter Warlock Oatmeal Stout — Bristol Brewing Company
- Jubelale — Deschutes Brewery
- Old Man Winter Ale — Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Brrr Seasonal Ale — Widmer Brothers Brewing
Fall Seasonal Beers to Try in 2020
- Autumnus — Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co.
- Beartooth — Fourpure Brewing Co.
- Autumn Ale — Breckenridge Brewery
- Hipster Repellant — Falls City Beer
- Dagger Falls — Sockeye Brewing
- Newark State of Mind — Autumn Arch Beer Project
- Fall Hornin’ —Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- Pumpkin Beer — O’Fallon Brewery
- Pinchy Jeek Barl Ale — Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- Pumking — Southern Tier Brewing
- Punkucinno — Elysian Brewing
Summer Seasonal Beers to Try in 2020
- Outlier — Tree House Brewing
- Kenny’s Kolsch — Alchemist
- Thrash Punk Coffee Kolsch — Witch’s Hat Brewing Co.
- Cucumber Kolsch — High Water
- Brooklyn Summer Ale — Brooklyn Brewery
- Summer Lager — Schlafly Beer
- Dale’s Pale Ale — Oskar Blues Brewery
- Pale Ale — Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Spring Seasonal Beers to Try in 2020
- Allagash White — Allagash Brewing Company
- Witbier Blanche — Hoegaarden
- Hoppy Wheat Ale — Schlafly Beer
- First Cut —Tröegs Independent Brewing
- 60-Minute IPA — Dogfish Head
- Sculpin IPA — Ballast Point Brewing
- All-Day IPA — Founders Brewing Co.
WINTER SEASONAL BEERS TO TRY IN 2020
- Old Rasputin Imperial Stout — North Coast Brewing Co.
- Yeti Imperial Stout — Great Divide Brewing Co.
- El Gordo Imperial Stout — Good People Brewing Company
- The Rusty Nail Barrel-Aged Imperial — Fremont Brewing
- Everett Porter — Hill Farmstead Brewery
- Last Snow — Funky Buddha Brewery
- Holiday Porter 2019 — Samuel Adams
- Founders Porter — Founders Brewing Co.
- Demonstrator Doppelbock — Haymarket Brewery
- Troegenator Doppelbock — Troegs Independent Brewing
- Celebrator — Ayinger Privatbrauerei
In case you want to be able to offer these to your customers without having to give away samples for free, implement self-pour technology! You can request your free quote to install the PourMyBeer Self-pour tap system in your bar or restaurant today!