The Benefits of Technology
Increase Efficiency: At a traditional bar with multiple bartenders who are practicing social distancing, it could take a while to get a drink. With self-pour, customers can go up to the wall whenever they want, pour their drinks, and still respect social distancing practices.
Avoid Crowding: Customers don’t have to wait at a crowded bar to order a drink anymore. Self-pour walls allow customers to go up to the wall and get drinks whenever they feel most comfortable doing so.
Optimize Space: With self-pour beer walls, you can increase your usable space by 10%. This means that your customers will be able to respect proper social distance protocols, while still pouring their own beverages.
Easily Display Cleaning: Cleaning the taps and screens in front of customers will provide them with a sense of comfort knowing that your establishment is practicing proper sanitization.
Maximize Customer Flow: Even with a lower capacity, you have the ability to serve more customers since there is no need to wait for a bartender to pour their drinks. Ultimately, this will increase your profits.
Reduce Touchpoints: Self-pour gives the customer complete control of their drinking experience. Customers no longer have to order beverages from the table with their servers; they now have the freedom to pour their own drinks. This significantly reduces the spread of infection because the number of interactions between the staff and customers is not as high. For more detail, see the visual below.
Traditional bars tend to get overcrowded, and this makes it difficult for customers to respect social distancing, since everyone tries to order from the same bartender simultaneously.
With a traditional beverage dispense method, somewhere between 6 and 8 touchpoints are effectively guaranteed to happen in a given outing:
- Checking in with the host/hostess
- Customer receiving the menu
- Passing napkins and straws
- Receiving food and drinks (on an average visit, this happens 2-4 times)
- Getting the bill
- Passing the credit card to pay
- Signing the receipt
Self-pour beverage walls avoid creating crowds, as wait time is eliminated and every customer can serve themselves whenever they want in whatever quantities they want. This pay-per-ounce model also leads to increased efficiency.
Depending on the establishment’s POS, 1 to 2 touchpoints occur during an outing. These touchpoints happen when:
- Checking in (age verification and receiving PourMyBeer card)
- Checking out (certain POS systems)
EXPERIENCE WITH REOPENING AT RESTAURANT WITH SELF-POUR TECHNOLOGY
The PourMyBeer team had the opportunity to speak to John Felico, the owner of Auggie’s Draft Room, a restaurant and self-pour taproom in beautiful St. Augustine, Florida. John shared his experience with reopening Auggie’s in a post-COVID world, and explained the strategies he continues to employ in order to keep his customers safe at his establishment. Learn about John’s strategies by watching the video below!
Ready To Serve Several Customers at the Same Time While Respecting Social Distancing?
Presenting The Solution In The Post-pandemic Hospitality Industry World
Besides the advantages ideal to complement your post-COVID strategy discussed above, self-pour technology also grants its regular major benefits:
With Self-Pour Taps, You Will:
✅ Increase Profits by 45% or More
✅ Decrease Labor by 20% or More
✅ Increase Your Service Efficiency 4x
✅ Reduce Waste to as Little as 1%
- Lower Your Operational Costs: Fewer staffing needs and thus less wage expenditure means you save big. Self-regulation by customers means less overpouring and spilling costs.
- Increase Service Efficiency: Self-service means everyone gets drinks exactly when they want them, and your staff can focus on providing fantastic and attentive service elsewhere.
- Simplify Your Inventory: Kegs also work to reduce your use of bottles, making inventory much more eco-friendly, and also much easier to track and maintain from an operational perspective.
- Reduce Your Waste: There is practically no waste! Free samples are unnecessary, since the customers pay for each ounce poured. And with the customer in control, there is also no room for staff error by mixing up drink orders or forgetting to enter them into the POS.
- Offer Consistent Drink Quality: Kegs are vacuum sealed and cooled, so drinks (particularly wine) stay fresh several weeks after being stored. This means customers get the same fresh taste on Day 60 as they did on Day 1.
How Does Self-pour Look In Action?
Selected by more major brands than all other providers combined
Join the Self-pour Revolution!
And if you aren’t quite ready to join the PourMyBeer family just yet, but still looking for some innovative ways to create your post-COVID strategy and get back up and running safely, check out our 49 Tips for Creating Your Post-COVID strategy.
And if you are looking for a checklist to get back and running, we have created an easy-to-follow reopening checklist so your business can start operating again, while also making sure that nothing is forgotten. This should be a breeze!