Rather than trying to build our own POS system, we decided it’s best to leave that to the experts. POS companies have invested millions of dollars in R&D to develop best-in-class Point of Sale systems. These systems have robust feature sets that are well equipped to run a restaurant/bar and are difficult to reproduce. Front of house operations, back of house order modifications and ticketing, as well as sophisticated reporting and marketing features, are all things you get with a quality POS.
So, PourMyBeer engineered its system with an open API, enabling us to hook into the world’s leading POS systems. This gives our customers the best of both worlds – they can use the very best POS systems on the market, such that they fit their specific needs to run their business smoothly, and they also have the best self-pour system on the market with PourMyBeer. We’re the only self-pour provider who has done this – all other companies have attempted to make their own POS, and do not enable integration with others.
What is the Toast and PourMyBeer Integration all about?
PourMyBeer’s self-serve beverage technology allows customers to become their own bartenders and have a drink in their hands within a minute of entering an establishment.
PourMyBeer’s integration with Toast POS means that all data from a customer’s pour is sent directly to the Toast tab.
A particularly important benefit to the customer is the fact that they no longer have to manually close their tab when leaving; it is done entirely through the system.
PourMyBeer and Toast Check In Station at District Brew Yards, Chicago
For the owners, this represents an unprecedented improvement to the economics of selling drinks, as sales increase and costs decrease.
Customers wait less and buy more. Every ounce poured is tracked and accounted for by the PourMyBeer system, and as a result much less staff is required. For patrons, the PourMyBeer system creates an interactive, unique drink experience that gives them all of the control over what they pour and how much.
- Increased service efficiency: with customers pouring for themselves, lag times for drinks due to staff requirements are eliminated.
- No free samples: Patrons can use their PourMyBeer card to pour small amounts of anything on tap – craft beer, wine, kombucha, cider, soda, cocktails, saki, and even cold brew coffee. Samples are cheap, so patrons won’t be discouraged from experimenting; but you as the owner will still capture all of the revenue.
- Increased sales volume: With practically no wait for drinks, customers are more encouraged to go up to the tap wall and get more drinks. This means you sell more, especially during peak times.
How does it work?
1. Customers use their credit card to link to a payment method to the Toast tab
2. The staff can then link a PourMyBeer card to each customer’s Toast tab
3. At the beverage wall, customers are able to pour freely and pay by the ounce using their PourMyBeer card
4. All of the pour data from the beverage wall is directly routed to the Toast tab in real-time until they are ready to leave
5. Lastly, customers can get an itemized receipt from their Toast tab. This will summarize everything they poured that night
Our integration with Toast POS brings about increased speed and ease of use by sending customer pour data directly onto their open check, while they simply enjoy the beverage wall.