Rather than trying to build our own POS system, we decided it’s best to leave that to the experts. POS companies have invested millions of dollars in R&D to develop best-in-class Point of Sale systems. These systems have robust feature sets that are well equipped to run a restaurant/bar and are difficult to reproduce. Front of house operations, back of house order modifications and ticketing, as well as sophisticated reporting and marketing features, are all things you get with a quality POS.
So, PourMyBeer engineered its system with an open API, enabling us to hook into the leading POS systems, giving our customers the best of both worlds – they can use the best POS systems on the market, that fits their specific needs, to run their business smoothly, and also have the best self-pour system on the market. We’re the only self-pour provider who has done this – all others have attempted to make their own POS, and do not enable integration with others.
Below is an overview of integration with the Toast POS, our smoothest integration yet.
What is the Toast and PourMyBeer Integration all about?
PourMyBeer’s self-serve beverage technology is designed to get your patrons from “door to pour” in under 60 seconds.
The Toast & PourMyBeer integration ensures that everything the customer pours is sent to the Toast tab.
If your customers need to leave in a hurry, they don’t even have to close their tab as it can be done without the customer being present.
PourMyBeer and Toast Check In Station at District Brew Yards, Chicago
For the owners, this completely changes the economics by dramatically increasing sales and decreasing costs.
Customers wait less and buy more, every ounce is accounted for and less staff are required. For patrons, the PourMyBeer system creates interactive, experiential magic allowing them to serve their own beverages by the ounce.
- Increased speed of service (customers pour for themselves)
- Patrons can use their PourMyBeer card to have fun pouring and sampling anything on tap – craft beer, wine, kombucha, cider, soda, cocktails, saki, and even cold brew coffee without the establishment giving away free samples
- No one has to wait for busy wait staff or swamped bartenders, which increases beverage sales, especially during peak times
How does it work?
1. Swipe a credit card and open a Toast tab
2. Link a PourMyBeer card to the appropriate customer’s tab
3. At the beverage wall, customers pour by the ounce using their PourMyBeer card
4. All of the pour data from the beverage wall goes onto their Toast tab in real-time until they are ready to leave
5. Lastly, customers can get an itemized receipt from Toast, summarizing everything they poured
The integration results in increased speed and ease of use by sending data of what customers pour directly and instantly onto their open check, as they enjoy the beverage wall.