Increase Foot Traffic & Make Your Customers Laugh
Trying to attract new traffic to come to your restaurant or bar is very important in making sure that you have a constantly flowing income. While you’ll be doing some classic marketing through digital or physical advertising, taking some creative routes will help you stand out from the crowd.
Adding some creative signage outside of your bar, restaurant, brewery, or taproom is a great way to help customers decide that this is the place they need to visit! Creating fun signs that have some wit and humor can be the difference that makes your establishment genuinely memorable in addition to fun and welcoming.
That’s exactly why we’ve gathered plenty of ideas for funny signs you can put at any and all places around your venue. We encourage you to choose some of these to give your place a little personality and humor so it really sticks in your customers’ minds and also gets you more exposure in the social media world.
Life Advice for Your Loyal Patrons
These are some great signs to put outside of your establishment as well as close to your bar. If you have a self-pour setup, put one or more of these above your tap wall. They’ll all be a nice comedic way for people to get introduced to your drink offerings!
- There are better things in the world than alcohol. But alcohol sort of compensates for not getting them
- Just because it’s a bad idea, doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time
- Beer: the perfect temporary solution to any problem
- The hangover only lasts a day, but the memories last a lifetime
- I only drink a little, but when I do, I turn into another person and that person drinks a lot
- Life happens. Beer helps.
- Alcohol: because no good story ever started with a salad
- Sorry! No Wi-fi. Talk to each other and get drunk
- “Trust me, you can dance.” – Beer
- This wine is making me awesome
It’s More Fun With Drinks
These are also great ones for your bar. Use these to comedically convince your customers to get that one more drink (if they even need convincing, that is).
- In alcohol’s defense, you have done some pretty dumb stuff sober too…
- You know what’s fun about being sober? NOTHING
- You’re making too many sober decisions
- Are you suffering from painful sobriety? Let us help you.
The Best Time to Drink a Beer is All the Time
These should work anywhere around your establishment, but they might be well-suited for your entrance area, providing a nice witty introduction to a fun night.
- I only drink on days that start with “T”: Tuesday, Thursday, Today, Tomorrow, Thaturday, Thunday
- Whiskey Wednesday: It’s like Taco Tuesday but for Badasses
- Forecast for tonight: alcohol, low standards and poor decisions
- You can’t fix the weather but I can fix a drink
Drinks and Friends
These are great to have at seating areas and tables. Print them on some table tents or stands, and your patrons are guaranteed to get a chuckle out of these while drinking with their friends.
- If you have to ask if it’s too early to drink beer, you’re an amateur and we can’t be friends
- Beer because you don’t win friends with salad
Alcohol with Classic Quotes
These are also great for almost anywhere around the establishment, and some would even be great for the outside of your building, pointing towards the entrance. It’s a great way to potentially attract more traffic in an easy and funny way.
- Drinkology: sometimes you just have to drink about it
- You say alcoholism, I say liver Crossfit
- You are the hops to my barley
- Sorry you didn’t get an iPad for Christmas, we’ve got IPA but it’s up to you to figure out the D
- My doctor says I need glasses
- Sip me baby one more time
- Sip happens. It’s ok to wine
- Twinkle twinkle little star, point me to the nearest bar
- Roses are red, beer is great, poems are hard…. BEER!
- I will never drink again (image of Dory from “Finding Nemo”) oh look! Fireball!
- Alcohol is not in my Vodkabulary. However, I looked it up on Whiskeypedia and learned if you drink too much of it, it’s likely tequilya
- Sip sip hooray!
- Keep calm and go to the pub (arrow pointing toward establishment)
- To beer or not to beer, that is a silly question
- I finally stopped drinking for good. Now I drink for evil
- Today’s offer: Buy any 2 drinks & pay for both of them
Alcohol vs Water
These are great for around the bar, and if you have a self-pour setup with a dedicated tap for water, these are great signs to put directly above.
- Save water, drink beer
- Alcohol may not solve your problems but neither will water
- Drink plenty of water in this heat. Beer is made up of 97% water
- Vodka is just fun water
- In wine there is truth, in beer there is strength, in the water there are bacteria
Drop some truth bombs about beer and on your loyal customers with these. They’ll be best around the bar or above your tap wall.
- I hope those mosquitoes are enjoying my blood alcohol level as much as I am
- Beer, now cheaper than gas! Drink, don’t drive.
- Stop trying to make everyone happy. You’re not beer
- Beer is not the answer. Beer is the question. Yes is the Answer
- There are two kinds of people: those who enjoy beer and the rest of you poor bastards
- Why limit happy to an hour?
- 24 hours in a day 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
- Good people drink good beer
- The best type of beer is an open one
- Beer, the perfect temporary solution to any problem
- Beer will change the world, I don’t know how, but it will
- Everyone needs…something to believe in. I believe…that I’ll have another beer
- Life is too short to drink cheap beer
- And yes. beer runs do count as exercise
- I am… (empty box) Republican, (empty box) Democrat, (checked box) having a glass of wine
- I just rescued some wine. It was trapped in a bottle
- Not to get technical… but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution
- Booze, food fun (arrow point to bar), real life (arrow point to street)
- Sure, I can multitask. I can drink beer and watch the game!
- Why overthink when you can overdrink? Please drink responsibly.
- It’s no coincidence that beer rhymes with cheer
- The couple that drinks together stays together
- Education is important but beer is more importanter
- Of course size matters. No one wants a small glass of wine
We Couldn’t Find a Category for These, so We’re Just Going to Drink Beer Instead
- Starter: beer
- Entree: beer
- Dessert: beer
- Soup of the day: beer
- We have beers as cold as your ex’s heart
- Free beer! Topless bartenders and false advertising
- I’m a wine enthusiast. The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I become!
- Innocent grapes died for you
- Do not read the next sentence…. You little rebel, I like you…. Join me for a drink!
- Free wifi, great beer
While signs are a one way to get more attention and allure new customers in or encourage your customers to take pictures in your establishment, another much more sophisticated way to bring more customers in is overtaking the U.S. market and now also reaching markets in Europe and Asia. Many bars and restaurants found a great way to differentiate in bringing the self-pour revolution to their neighborhoods and towns. Besides doing something differently, self-pour brings a variety of benefits to the operators and customers.
If you would like to learn more about how self-pour could help you and your business thrive, contact us at cheers@pourmybeer or fill out a form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
Now go get that traffic!