If you’re in the hospitality business, you know how important it is to attract new customers and retain existing ones. Repeat business can significantly impact your bottom line, and in today’s competitive market, finding ways to increase hotel bookings is crucial.
Below, we discuss the key strategies for building strong customer relationships and creating a loyal customer base that keeps coming back to your hotel. We explore how personalized experiences, excellent customer service, and effective communication can go a long way in keeping customers happy and satisfied, leading to increased sales and repeat business.
1. Create Memorable Stays
Creating a memorable experience for your guests is vital to ensuring they return to your hotel in the future. Personalization, excellent customer service, and great amenities are all critical components of creating a memorable stay.
Here are some ways you can create a memorable experience for your guests and boost hotel sales as a result:
- Personalize their stays: One of the most effective ways to create a memorable experience for your guests is by personalizing their stays. You can do this by greeting them by name, offering personalized recommendations for local activities and dining options, and even customizing their rooms based on their preferences. For example, you can offer a pillow menu with different types of pillows, such as memory foam or down, or provide bathrobes in their favorite colors.
- Go the extra mile on customer service: Great customer service can make all the difference in a guest’s stay. Train your staff to be attentive to guests’ needs and preferences and to go the extra mile to make their stays as comfortable as possible. This could mean offering to carry their luggage, providing a complimentary bottle of wine, or arranging transportation to their next destination.
- Offer notable amenities: Guests love amenities that make their stays more comfortable and enjoyable. These amenities could include high-quality toiletries, comfortable bedding, or various entertainment options, such as streaming services or well-stocked bookshelves. Additionally, consider offering unique amenities that set your hotel apart, such as a rooftop bar or an on-site spa.
2. Offer Incentives
Creating incentives and VIP programs for your guests is an excellent way to show your appreciation and encourage repeat business. Here are some ideas for incentives that can boost hotel sales and create loyal customers:
- Rewards programs: Implementing a rewards program can encourage guests to choose your hotel over others. Offer incentives such as free nights, discounts on future stays, or complimentary amenities. Reward loyal customers with VIP status, which could include access to exclusive lounges, priority check-in, or late checkout.
- Special offers: Another way to incentivize guests to stay at your hotel is by offering special deals and promotions. These could include discounted rates during off-peak seasons or bundled packages, including meals or activities.
- Upgrades and add-ons: Offer upgrades or add-ons to guests who book directly with your hotel. This could include room upgrades, complimentary breakfast, or free parking.
- Referral programs: Encourage guests to refer their friends and family to your hotel by offering referral rewards. Your referral program could offer discounts on future stays or free nights.
3. Watch Your Online Reputation
Your hotel’s online reputation can significantly impact your business, so it’s important to watch it closely. Negative reviews and comments can deter potential customers from booking with your hotel, while positive reviews can boost hotel bookings and create a loyal customer base.
Here are some ways to watch your online reputation and ensure it’s as positive as possible:
- Ensure guests are well taken care of: The best way to ensure positive reviews is by ensuring your guests have positive experiences while staying at your hotel. Train your staff to be attentive to guests’ needs and to go above and beyond to make their stay as comfortable as possible.
- Respond to negative reviews: It’s essential to respond to negative reviews promptly and professionally. Apologize for any issues and offer a resolution or compensation if necessary. This shows potential customers that you value their feedback and are committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Encourage positive reviews: Encourage your guests to leave positive reviews by providing excellent service and amenities. Send follow-up emails after their stay requesting feedback and providing links to review sites. You can also offer incentives such as discounts on future stays for leaving a review.
- Take care of your employees: Happy employees lead to happy guests and positive online reviews. Ensure you care for your employees properly by providing them with competitive wages, benefits, and a positive work environment. Doing so will lead to higher job satisfaction and better customer service.
4. Use Technology
Staying on the cutting edge of technology is a must for any hotel looking to boost hotel bookings and create a loyal customer base. From mobile check-in to in-room technology, technology can make a hotel stand out and keep guests coming back.
Explore some ways you can use technology to improve the guest experience and create a successful repeat guest program for your hotel:
- Mobile check-in and keyless entry: Mobile check-in and keyless entry are becoming increasingly popular, allowing guests to bypass the front desk and go straight to their rooms. This saves time for guests and creates a modern and convenient experience.
- In-room technology: Guests expect the latest in-room technology, from high-speed Wi-Fi to smart TVs. These amenities can set your hotel apart and make guests want to stay again.
- Personalized experiences: With the help of technology, hotels can create personalized experiences for guests. For example, hotels can offer tailored recommendations for amenities, restaurants, and activities using data such as guest preferences and past stays.
Create a Memorable Hotel Experience With Self-Pour Taps
Building strong customer relationships is essential to boosting sales and creating a loyal customer base in the hotel industry. However, one additional way to improve hotel experiences and encourage travelers to return is through the use of self-pour beverage technology.
Self-pour taps offer guests a unique and interactive experience while enjoying their favorite drinks. By allowing guests to pour their own beer, wine, cocktails, and non-alcoholic offerings, hotels can create a fun and memorable experience that sets them apart from competitors. Self-pour taps will offer your hotel various benefits and are a cost-effective solution for hotels looking to increase revenue and provide guests with a wider selection of beverages.
Self-pour taps are just one example of how hotels can innovate and improve the guest experience to encourage repeat business. Ultimately, building strong customer relationships is the key to success in the hotel industry, and self-pour taps are a great way to help you achieve that goal. Learn how Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites Boston increased guest satisfaction and reached profitability in 3 months with a 6-tap self-pour station in the lobby by downloading the case study below.